Finally here are the photos from the event I attended last week. The event was held to bring people to the mews to come see what Chic and Seek had to offer. There were free manicures, cute baby hotdogs and burgers and lots of pink bubbly! I definitely recommend you attending the next one. Contact me for your free 10% off discount code to shop online with Chic and Seek. All you have to do is become a follower and leave a comment.
Interview with founder of Chic and Seek; Tara Nash – King.
1. Tell me about C & S? When did it begin, what made you think of the idea, how did you come up with the name. I always knew I wanted to start my own business, at first I kept thinking about an idea called “Wastenotwantnot.com” which was a huge and scary concept and too complex to start on my own. So I kept thinking for a couple more years and then started wondering why there was no alternatives to eBay to buy second hand designer clothes. Its almost 3 years to the day when I sat down for lunch in Scotts with my sisters and told them I had an idea and I was going to call it “Chiconomise” – but then I realised that this domain name was already taken by Michelle Dewbury, former winner of The Apprentice. So I had to think again and while I was sitting around the kitchen table with friends I was saying “I want to use the word ‘chic’ and its like your looking for something, seeking..and then ‘Chic&Seek’ rolled off my tongue and immediately we bought the domain name and that was it!
2. Career history? After graduating from Exeter with a Sociology degree, I did a ski a season as a chalet girl. I fell into fashion working for a friends sister who was the UK agent for handbag brands Lollipops and Spencer & Rutherford. I loved working for her and got experience of how a small business worked. I wanted to progress into a larger company and got a job working for Anya Hindmarch managing production of the “Be A Bag” bags. Then I moved into the wholesale team and go experience working in a showroom and dealing with fashion buyers.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I’d like to have made Chic&Seek into a trusted and internationally recognised brand and sold it on to someone that wanted to expand and franchise the concept. Which would leave me to be a wife and devoted mother to a happy brood!
4. Your best purchase? I love my YSL Arty ring, its a small and inexpensive piece, but I love it and I’m amazed I haven’t lost it!
5. Whats on the top of your wish list? Soo hard! How many can be at the top? I’d really like a Stella Maccartney Falabella bag in shocking pink,a pair of Charlotte Olympia heels and earrings by Tom Binns.
6. Describe your style, celebrities you love? My style is quite feminine, I wear dresses alot because they suit my shape and always look smart for work. I like to add subtle accents. Accessories are important to me, jackets, shoes, bags. I don’t really obsess over celebrities, but I do like Rachel Zoe’s style. She’s got that chic yet cool edgy thing going on. I think its important to dress in what suits you and reflects your character and lifestyle.
7. What inspires you? I think everything is an inspiration, living in London, walking around shops, travelling, talking to people. Most importantly listening to myself and doing what feels right.
8. Do you follow any blogs? If so who are your favourites. Regularly I read Liberty London Girl, Boy Meets Fashion, Notting Chic and of course my new favourite is Iam Chouquette!